Do you want to earn money from your blog?
If so, then generating more leads from your blog is probably high on your “to-do” list – RIGHT?
Well, the easiest and best way to generate more leads is with a strategically placed opt-in form.
Why you might ask?
- First, the MAJORITY of people who visit your blog for the very first time aren’t ready buyers. They’re still searching for answers.
- Second, you haven’t proven that you can deliver results – leaving visitors skeptical
So generating more leads with a well placed opt-in form will help REMOVE these barriers by showcasing your expertise, AND results, through follow up email.
3 Strategic Placements For Generating More Leads With An Opt-In Form
(YES – where you place your opt-in form does matter)
#1. In the header graphic
Here are 3 examples of top marketers and bloggers using an opt-in form in the header graphic
#2. Just below the header graphic
#3. Widget section top right hand side
- You can see an example of this on most good blogs
However, the mistake I see made on many sites is that the offer ISN’T compelling enough.
“Join my Newsletter” is NOT enticing copy, and it rarely gets anyone interested enough to fork over information.
So what does interest prospects – you might ask?
Here are 3 strategies that will interest prospects and generate YOU more leads…
(These all come in the form of PDF’s, Video’s, Graphic’s, Ebooks, CD’s, DVD’s, Audio, etc)
- Day by Day Action Steps (Example… 30 day challenge – Video training series)
- What NOT to do (People want to avoid mistakes (pain) at all costs)
More Lead Generating Strategies…
- Pop Ups: (I feel you cringe as I write this). However, pop ups do work.
- Hello Bar: This is a WordPress plugin that shows up above your header graphic.
- Premium List Magnet: (Plugin) Let’s you choose where (pages/posts) to show your opt-in form
- Widget Controller: (Plugin) Sidebar widget that lets you place different offers on different pages or posts. Example… If someone landed on my email marketing posts, instead of making a generic offer, I could offer an email marketing course.
The same is true for someone who landed on my video marketing post. Instead of making a generic offer, I could (and so could you) generate more leads by being specific by offering a 10 day video marketing challenge.
Okay, I’d love to hear how you’re generating more leads on your blog? Sound off below in the comment section. Then “like” this article and share it with a friend. THANKS!